The Super Bowl Halftime Show is one of the biggest stages an artist can book!
Watched by millions of people, the roughly 12-to-15 minute slot in between the annual game has become one of the most coveted gigs in the industry, with just a handful of well-known superstars hitting the stage to do the honors in recent years.
Just recently, Nielsen updated the viewership for the 2023 Super Bowl and Rihanna‘s Halftime Show for those who tuned in to watch the big events and with these new numbers, we have a compiled the Top 10 most watched Super Bowl Halftime Shows of all time.
10. 2020 – Shakira & Jennifer Lopez‘s Super Bowl LIV Halftime Show
Total views: 104 million
9. 2018 – Justin Timberlake‘s Super Bowl LII Halftime Show
Total views: 106.6 million
8. 2011 – Black Eyed Peas‘ Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show with special guests Usher & Slash
Total viewers: 110.2 million
Note: the Black Eyed Peas‘ performance is sadly not available on official accounts.
7. 2013 – Beyonce‘s Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show with special guests Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams
Total views: 110.8 million
Note: Beyonce‘s performance is sadly not available on official accounts.
6. 2012 – Madonna‘s Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show with special guests LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and CeeLo Green
Total viewers: 114 million
5. 2014 – Bruno Mars‘ Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show with special guests Red Hot Chili Peppers
Total viewers: 115.3 million
Note: Bruno‘s performance is sadly not available on official accounts.
4. 2016 – Coldplay‘s Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show with special guests Beyonce & Bruno Mars
Total viewers: 115.5 million
3. 2017 – Lady Gaga‘s Super Bowl LI Halftime Show
Total viewers: 117.5 million
2. 2015 – Katy Perry‘s Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show with special guests Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliot
Total viewers: 121 million
1. 2023 – Rihanna‘s Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show
Total viewers: 121.017 million