Juventus have publicly insisted that Dusan Vlahovic is not for sale, despite receiving a fresh points deduction that could see them miss out on Champions League qualification.
The Bianconeri have dropped to seventh in Serie A after a ten-point penalty was handed to them by the FIGC’s Federal Court of Appeal for financial mismanagement. They had a 15-point deduction reversed earlier in the season.
Monday’s ruling was swiftly followed by Juve’s humiliating 4-1 loss at Empoli. With just two weeks of the Serie A season remaining, they sit five points outside the top four.
Star striker Vlahovic has been linked with a move to England in recent weeks, with 90min reporting earlier this month that he would be interested in joining a Premier League side.
Speaking to DAZN, Juventus CFO Francesco Calvo affirmed his stance that Vlahovic will not be sold.
“Rumours are not something we can control, but the transfer market hasn’t even opened yet. Dusan is not for sale. We are satisfied with the effort he puts in, although everyone in life can do better,” Calvo said.
Calvo also took the time to defend under-fire manager Massimiliano Allegri and stated that he would be staying at Juventus.
“There are no doubts, Massimiliano Allegri will be our coach next season. We’re building our future together with him. We’ve unconditional trust in Allegri,” he added.
Speaking on his own future after their loss to Empoli, Allegri said: “f I leave Juventus now, I would be the first of the cowards – and I don’t reproach the team for anything.”