A carpenter has died in a fire outbreak at Asamankese in the Eastern Region.
The carpenter reported be a stroke patient was burnt while asleep in his shop.
The fire outbreak which occurred 31st December 2019 around 10 pm also affected two other stores.
Bush fires ravage rice farms in northern regions
The West Akim Municipal Director of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO), Addo Kwasi Annor, in an interview with Starr News, said a preliminary investigation by officials of Ghana National Fire Service suggests electrical fault as the cause of the incident.
“According to the fire officers, it was electrical problems. It affected two stores and a carpentry shop. The carpenter had a mild stroke so he was sleeping there so when the incident happened he got burnt. So there was one Casualty.”
Fire ravages 7 vehicles at Osu
The NADMO Director said, already, the organization had begun initiating measures to insure stores in the area while providing fire extinguishers to them.
“The most important thing is to let them have insurance.so I brought SIC after some shops were gutted by fire. Some four stores were affected. So far 54 stores have been issued. The next thing is public education, we are also giving them fire extinguishers. So far we have distributed about 40 of them.”
Meanwhile, the Municipal Chief Executive for the area, Seth Oduro, has visited the scene and the bereaved family to commiserate with them.